- s unusually great in size or amount or degree or especially extent or scope
at vast (or immense) expense
the vast reaches of outer space
the vast accumulation of knowledge...which we call civilization"- W.R.Inge
- This was a scanner program that "primed the pump," according to a former government network analyst who has helped track Titan Rain, by searching vast military networks for single .
- Born to a family of peasant farmers in 1943, he came as a young man to work in the vast shipyards that the communist state was developing on the Baltic coast, as did so many other .
- He saw a vast universe beyond the Milky Way, then found the first hints that it began with a Big Bang.
News & Articles
- More aquatic plants seen as vital to helping Lake Apopka thrive again
Below the surface of the vast waters of Lake Apopka is a landscape akin to a desert. Only a hardy smattering of grasses, lily pads and other native plants cling to 1 percent of its lake bottom.
June 16, 2013 - Orlando Sentinel
- The International Axis of Shale Oil
Vast sources of technically recoverable oil are shifting the world's energy markets, and the new paradigm could be very profitable for those who invest before developments really take off.
June 15, 2013 - The Motley Fool
- Chicago joins growing club of bike-sharing cities
CHICAGO (AP) — The newest piece of Chicago's vast transit puzzle will not rumble between skyscrapers on its 100-year-old elevated rail lines or utilize its fleet of hybrid buses. The city is turning to thousands of shared bicycles to send commuters and visitors zipping on their way.
June 15, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Ed Miliband in AFP
This was a chaotic process dogged by procedural games,Miliband wrote. "The procedural wrangling was, in fact, a cover for points of serious, substantive disagreement. The vast majority of countries, developed and developing, believe that...
- Bill Richardson in 940 News
Richardson praised Hillary Clinton as a "distinguished leader with vast experience."
- Andre Agassi in The Inquisitr
Slim dumps a small pile of powder on the coffee table. He cuts it, snorts it. He cuts it again. I snort some. I ease back on the couch and consider the Rubicon I've just crossedAgassi writes. "There is a moment of regret, followed by vast...