- n something of value
all our valuables were stolen
- a having great material or monetary value especially for use or exchange
a valuable diamond
- s having worth or merit or value
a valuable friend
- In Chicago last week, a committee of baseball writers announced the winners of their annual poll to determine the most valuable player in each major league.
- In addition, he figured out a way to make the NFL far more valuable than other sports, including the national pastime, baseball.
- As a 20-year Mae Sai resident who graduated from working the brothels to owning one, she is regarded as a success and a valuable contact on the other, richer side of the border.
News & Articles
- Apple Joins Facebook, Microsoft in Outlining Data Requests
Apple Inc. (AAPL) , the world’s most-valuable technology company, said it received as many as 5,000 requests for customer data from U.S. law enforcement authorities over a six month period.
June 17, 2013 - Bloomberg
- Alex Ovechkin Named NHL’s Most Valuable Player for Third Time
Alex Ovechkin was named the National Hockey League’s Most Valuable Player for a third time.
June 16, 2013 - Bloomberg
- NHL-Capitals' Ovechkin earns third most valuable player award
June 15 (Reuters) - Washington Capitals captain Alexander Ovechkin won the Hart Trophy as the National Hockey League's most valuable player on Saturday, picking up the honor for the third time. Ovechkin, who also claimed the MVP award in 2008 and 2009, edged Pittsburgh Penguins center Sidney Crosby in the closest Hart race in a decade. (Reporting by Steve Keating in Toronto; Editing by Gene ...
June 15, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! Sports
- Rod Blagojevich in Salem-News.Com
He added later that the seat "is a [expletive] valuable thing, you just don't give it away for nothing."
- Jimmy Carter in Parkersburg News
He was my closest and most valuable adviser while I served as president. I respected him and attempted in every way to remain in his good graces,Carter said. "He was a giant among legislators, and was courageous in espousing controversial...
- Pope Benedict XVI in Globe and Mail
The Jewish community makes "a valuable contribution to the life of the city," the Pope said. "And I encourage all of you to continue building bridges of friendship with all the many different ethnic and religious groups present in your...