- s having or showing valor
- Iraqi President Saddam Hussein was the valorous knight, defender of the Arab cause.
- Macdonald eventually squeezed in the valorous observation that Ho Chi Minh was really no better than Dean Rusk.
- Martin and Claire, faced by the challenge of Helen's kidnaping, sink their own love in a wild, valorous ride to rescue her.
- Pete Geren in France24
I have approved the board's recommendation to affirm the award of the Silver Star, but to modify the award citation's wording to more accurately reflect the circumstances on the ground and Corporal Tillman's valorous actions of April 22, 2004,...
- Max Cleland in CNN
We want George Bush to put up or shut up,Cleland said. "Stand up to the plate and say, 'This is wrong. An attack on valorous service of a fellow American is wrong.' And he's behind it, and his campaign is behind it."
- Olympia Snowe in Morning Sentinel
Shaw was a man "who heroically served our nation with unfathomable bravery that will forever be an inspiration to us all," said US Sen. Olympia Snowe, R-Maine. "His valorous devotion to defending our country truly humbles us, and his...