- a well grounded in logic or truth or having legal force
a valid inference
a valid argument
a valid contract
- s still legally acceptable
the license is still valid
- The marriage was held valid.
- Erroneously dubbed "Catholic divorce," an annulment in fact holds that a failed marriage was never valid in the eyes of the Church.
- Though lacking any valid epidemiological study, she insists that this number represents a highly elevated rate in comparison with expected cancer rates in the general population.
- Bud Selig in Los Angeles Times
While Alex deserves credit for publicly confronting the issue, there is no valid excuse for using such substances and those who use them have shamed the game,Selig said. "What Alex did was wrong and he will have to live with the damage he...
- Mitch McConnell in ì¡°ì„ ì¼ë³´(ì˜ë¬¸íŒ)
We all know that contracts are valid in this country, but they need to be looked at,said Mitch McConnell. "Did they enter into these contracts knowing full well that, as a practical matter, the taxpayers of the United States were going to...
- Nicola Roxon in FOXNews
Roxon said the case must go through proper channels _ an appeal to the Migration Review Tribunal and then the immigration minister _ but that "there is a valid reason for this doctor and his family to be eligible to stay here in Australia."