- n (geology) a rise of land to a higher elevation (as in the process of mountain building)
- n a brassiere that lifts and supports the breasts
- v fill with high spirits; fill with optimism
Music can uplift your spirits
- v lift up from the earth, as by geologic forces
the earth's movement uplifted this part of town
- v lift up or elevate
- Operations to enlarge or uplift the female breast are a relatively small part of the growing practice of plastic surgeons.
- Spike Lee's stated aim as a director is to "uplift the race" a motto used 60 years earlier by Oscar Micheaux, whose will to make socially pertinent movies for black audiences .
- Her intention was pure and simpleto uplift as much of humanity as she could reach, and so far she has reached millions.