- s not having been fertilized
an unfertilized egg
- The problem, however, as Eggan puts it, is that "there are never any extra unfertilized eggs hanging out at IVF clinics.
- The child she had carried for nine months was the genetic offspring of another woman, who had donated an unfertilized egg.
- Because the presence of RU 486 blocks the action of progesterone, the uterine lining sloughs off, and the embryo is expelled, as an unfertilized egg is during a normal period.
News & Articles
- DNA-Swap Technology Almost Ready for Fertility Clinic
Mitochondrial transfer technology to shuffle genetic material between unfertilized eggs could help reduce the risk of childhood diseases -- Read more on ScientificAmerican.com
March 6, 2014 - Scientific American
- Orrin Hatch in TheRealityCheck.Org
In a 2001 letter to HHS Secretary Tommy Thompson, Hatch wrote, "To me, a frozen embryo is more akin to a frozen unfertilized egg or frozen sperm than to a fetus naturally developing in the body of a mother."