- s concerned with or affecting the spirit or soul
- s suggesting the operation of supernatural influences
an unearthly light
he could hear the unearthly scream of some curlew piercing the din"- Henry Kingsley
- The unearthly success of Mel Gibson's The Passion of the Christ helped movie execs recognize that fervent Christians, who spend hundreds of millions of dollars on religious .
- According to Tassajara's students, panic and pain eventually give way to an unearthly sense of tranquillity.
- Today she describes it as like a burst of light from an unearthly photo shoot, big enough to cover the sky, "blue-yellow and very beautiful.
- Fulvio Melia in University of Arizona News (press release)
The Milky Way black hole "is one of the most energetic particle accelerators in the galaxy, but it does this by proxy, by cajoling the magnetized plasma haplessly trapped within its clutches into slinging protons to unearthly speeds," Melia said.
- Patti Smith in Rolling Stone
He possessed an unearthly energy and yet was humanistic with the common man in mind,Patti Smith said in a statement. "He was entirely present and entirely somewhere else. A mystical somewhere else. A child and an old guy as he called...
- Walt Whitman in Brooklyn Daily Eagle
In the poem Whitman writes of "the comet that came unannounced out of the north flaring in heaven" and "the strange huge meteor-procession dazzling and clear shooting over our heads," and the showers' "balls of unearthly light over our...