tusk : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a hard smooth ivory colored dentine that makes up most of the tusks of elephants and walruses
- n a long pointed tooth specialized for fighting or digging; especially in an elephant or walrus or hog
- v stab or pierce with a horn or tusk
- v remove the tusks of animals
tusk an elephant
- Their findings: the tusk is 20,000 years old.
- Blood dripping from his single tusk, Wally padded over to the fence, let one hind foot be chained.
- In ritual greeting the two behemoths entwine their trunks, flap their enormous ears and clack tusk against tusk, sending the cold crack of ivory across the Ngulia Hills.
News & Articles
- Polish Economy Should Grow 2.5% in 2014 - PM Tusk
Polish Economy Should Grow 2.5% in 2014 - PM Tusk
June 11, 2013 - Nasdaq
- Black Tusk creating AAA game for Xbox One
Black Tusk Studios is working on a new, AAA game for Xbox One, Phil Spencer announced during Microsoft's E3 press conference. Spencer showed off a "small glimpse" of the game, which featured a man scaling a building in an espionage-style clip. Microsoft is investing in five new studios to create next-gen projects, Spencer said, and Black Tusk is one of them. Black Tusk used to be Microsoft ...
June 10, 2013 - Joystiq
- Polish PM rejects move to Brussels job for now
By Adrian Krajewski WARSAW (Reuters) - Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk said on Monday he wanted to fight for another term in office, quashing speculation that he was preparing a bid to take over as the next European Commission President. Tusk has strong pro-European credentials and had been seen by many officials in EU capitals as a leading candidate to replace serving Commission head Jose ...
June 10, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News