- n a noisemaker (as at parties or games) that makes a loud noise when you blow through it
- n one of the bony outgrowths on the heads of certain ungulates
- n a noise made by the driver of an automobile to give warning;
- n a high pommel of a Western saddle (usually metal covered with leather)
- n a brass musical instrument with a brilliant tone; has a narrow tube and a flared bell and is played by means of valves
- n any hard protuberance from the head of an organism that is similar to or suggestive of a horn
- n the material (mostly keratin) that covers the horns of ungulates and forms hooves and claws and nails
- n a device having the shape of a horn
horns at the ends of a new moon
the hornof an anvil
the cleat had two horns
- n an alarm device that makes a loud warning sound
- n a brass musical instrument consisting of a conical tube that is coiled into a spiral and played by means of valves
- n a device on an automobile for making a warning noise
- v stab or pierce with a horn or tusk
the rhino horned the explorer
- A deer with a single horn in the center of its head nicknamed "Unicorn" was born a year ago in captivity in Italy.
- To a sympathetic audience, a French-horn player is often the object of grave solicitude.
- According to legend, King Charles IX of France was brought to his deathbed by his passion for sounding lung-lacerating halloos on the hunting horn.
News & Articles
- A gathering of the few and proud in Horn Lake
HORN LAKE — In scenes reminiscent of huddling around smoky campfires in the dense jungles of Vietnam and cold, windswept tundras of Korea, a group of U.S. Marines gathered around an outdoor grill at Latimer Lakes Park in Horn Lake to swap stories, flip hamburgers and share memories.
June 12, 2013 - DeSoto Times-Tribune
- French Horn Rebellion, 'Dancing Out': Exclusive Video Premiere
Robert and David Perlick-Molinari, the brothers known as electro-pop duo French Horn Rebellion, had an epiphany last year during the making of their...
June 11, 2013 - Billboard
- Van Horn would change little about season
FAYETTEVILLE - Dave Van Horn doesn't have any regrets about 2013. After looking back at the disappointing end to the season, which began with lofty expectations and a preseason No.
June 10, 2013 - The Log Cabin Democrat