- v replace a corner by a plane
- v approximate by ignoring all terms beyond a chosen one
- v make shorter as if by cutting off
Erosion has truncated the ridges of the mountains
- s cut short in duration
an unsatisfactory truncated conversation
- s terminating abruptly by having or as if having an end or point cut off
truncated volcanic mountains
a truncated pyramid
- The result was one of the most curiously proportioned cars ever, with a long low snout, long front overhang and a truncated tail, like the tail snapped off a salamander.
- Both have truncated double dactyls (Duh-duh-duh Duh-duh) as titles.
- The truncated training the rush to get underprepared troops to the war zone "is absolutely unacceptable," says Representative John Murtha, the Pennsylvania Democrat and .
News & Articles
- Bruins vs Blackhawks: Breaking Down Every Key Matchup in 2013 Stanley Cup Final
The Stanley Cup Final series between the Boston Bruins and the Chicago Blackhawks is unlike any other in recent memory. The Original Six matchup between these two ancient rivals gives it flavor, but the most fascinating aspect is the lack of familiarity these two teams have with one another. The truncated 2013 season meant there were no interconference games this season. The Bruins and ...
June 11, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Art: 'Toulouse-Lautrec and His World' at Allentown Art Museum
Can you imagine a major exhibition for the celebrated French artist Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec that doesn't contain a single painting? One just opened at the Allentown Art Museum, of about 150 lithographs and drawings from the most productive decade of his tragically truncated career.
June 10, 2013 - The Philadelphia Inquirer
- Vojislav Kostunica in International Herald Tribune
Profound, inherent weaknesses in the government's case _ not just gaps in its evidentiary proof, but doubts about its basic theories of criminality _ motivated the government to resort to novel and incorrect legal theories, demand truncated and... Daniel Petrocelli http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_M._Petrocelli&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNF5PfY6kE0tab5b7MfeR-MOasLdYA Washington Post http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/09/07/AR2007090701512.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNG4zXqaVYfQ6UOFM7o96a5Xo30N5Q Sep 7, 2007
102335 135833 truncated Serbia can join any integration only as a whole and not a truncated country," Kostunica said.
- Jonathan Cook in Center for Research on Globalization
Cook quoted a Palestinian academic, Karma Nabulsi, citing similarities between Iraq and occupied Palestine - two populations "living in a Hobbesian vision of an anarchic society: truncated, violent, powerless, destroyed, cowed, ruled by disparate...