- n a long fishing line with many shorter lines and hooks attached to it (usually suspended between buoys)
- n a conical fishnet dragged through the water at great depths
- v fish with trawlers
- Each of these job search engines has its own look and feel, but the basic approach is the same: they all trawl the web for relevant job listings based on your search parameters.
- Students are no longer limited to the range of courses provided by teachers in their immediate vicinity, while teachers can trawl for students .
- Pattaya is "designed to attract the worst kind of Western tourist," sniffs Lonely Planet, meaning the randy males who trawl the girlie bars, brothels, short-time hotels and massage .
News & Articles
- Despite cool spring, shrimping on schedule
The commercial shrimp trawling season opened in South Carolina state waters within the General Trawl Zone on May 30.
June 14, 2013 - The Times and Democrat
- OUTDOORS NEWS
Georgia territorial waters opened for commercial and recreational shrimping for food on Tuesday. Commercial food shrimp trawlers can operate in waters open to power-drawn trawls.
June 13, 2013 - Savannah Morning News
- ACLU files suit over NSA surveillance, citing 'chilling effect'
The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) filed a complaint in a New York district court this afternoon that says the US government's practice of obtaining secret warrants to trawl through vast amounts of American phone records – what it calls "dragnet acquisition" – "is akin to snatching every American’s address book – with annotations detailing whom we spoke to, when we talked, for how long ...
June 11, 2013 - Christian Science Monitor via Yahoo! News
- Biddy Baxter in Telegraph.co.uk
Baxter said: "It was unthinkable to traumatise our youngest viewers by giving them the sad news, so the producer Edward Barnes and I set off in his Mini to trawl London for the dead pup's loookalike. It wasn't until we reached Lewisham that we...
- Dick Harris in Ridgefield Press
We go out and trawl the harbor and find nothing - no life at all,said Mr. Harris. "The 2005 massive fish kill smelled so bad you could barely keep your lunch down. Everybody complained how bad it was. The thing that is astounding is when...
- Justin Vaughan in Sydney Morning Herald
We're always looking to trawl for ideas from both within and outside the organisation,Vaughan said. "Cricket is moving along quite quickly these days, and we have to move along with it."