- n a conveyance that transports passengers or freight in carriers suspended from cables and supported by a series of towers
- n a four-wheeled wagon that runs on tracks in a mine
a tramcar carries coal out of a coal mine
- n a wheeled vehicle that runs on rails and is propelled by electricity
- v travel by tram
- Commuters from the suburbs can easily catch a bus, tram or bike from the central train station, so more and more of them leave their cars at home.
- Plus, you can go everywhere on the tram.
- The scoop tram looked like a dump truck with the cab lopped off.
News & Articles
- Tram Driver Knocks Out Grandpa Walking On Tracks
What looks like a Monty Python sketch in real life turns ugly when a tram driver knocks down an old man on crutches slowly walking on the tram tracks. I don't know what's worse - that the tram driver (video'd somewhere in the post-Soviet East) thinks it's okay to punch a clearly-frail old man in the face, or that nobody rushes to help him.
June 17, 2013 - Jalopnik
- Return of the Aquabats, Interview II: The Q&A
The Aquabats are a band from Southern California who dress as superheroes and are also the stars of their own television series. In "The Aquabats! Super Show!," which airs Saturday mornings on the Hub, they travel about in their Battle Tram to play concerts and fight monsters. It is a show, in the old circus parlance, for children of all ages.
June 15, 2013 - Los Angeles Times
- Hub Plan Off In The Distance
Mega-project to redo Nassau’s Hub would see “trolly-style” car down East Second Street in Mineola Mineola doesn’t fancy itself as a San Francisco treat, but if the $360 million Nassau Hub plan comes to fruition, residents could see a trolly-style-like tram rolling down East Second Street. Funding for the trolley would likely be funded by the federal government, according to village officials ...
June 15, 2013 - Mineola American
- Danilo Di Luca in The Australian
Di Luca said it was clear on the first lap that the course wasn't safe: "There were cars parked in the middle of the road, traffic islands and tram lines," he said.
- John Brumby in Melbourne Herald Sun
I understand last financial year we had 21 incidents where a tram ran into another tram, and to date this year we have had five,Mr Brumby said. "This one will be investigated by the chief transport investigator. He'll look at all of the...
- Michael Danby in Sydney Morning Herald
For 26 years he represented the working people of Melbourne Ports, where he was often seen riding the tram and shopping in the local market,Mr Danby said.