streetcar : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a wheeled vehicle that runs on rails and is propelled by electricity
- People are packed into streetcars like sardines in a box, with perspiration for oil.
- A flagman waved a warning at the streetcara switch had been opened to detour trolley traffic around the flooded pavement ahead.
- One of QlikTech's early test cases was at a Swedish hospital, where a trauma team used QlikView to figure out treatment for a man severely injured by a streetcar.
- Dick Gregory in New Zealand Herald
White folks would look out the window and see me running to the streetcar and call me 'Jesse Owens,'Gregory said.
- Dalton McGuinty in 940 News
Governor, you may not recognize this, but this is your second trip to Mars,McGuinty joked. "The first was in that movie 'Total Recall.' It's just a lot easier getting here now. Our streetcar, called the Red Rocket, actually stops right...
- Gwyneth Paltrow in FemaleFirst.co.uk
Paltrow says, "I look forward to playing Blanche DuBios (in A Streetcar Named Desire) on stage someday. And I'd really like to do a musical."