- n an extended area of land
- n a system of body parts that together serve some particular purpose
- n a brief treatise on a subject of interest; published in the form of a booklet
- n a bundle of myelinated nerve fibers following a path through the brain
- Other studies have concluded that men and women who have already had one precancerous polyp surgically removed from their intestinal tract develop fewer subsequent polyps if they .
- The Mongolian Death Worm is known locally as the Allghoi Khorkhoi, or the "intestine worm," because it is supposed to resemble the internal tract of a cow.
- Some people with a history of digestive-tract problems, such as Crohn's disease, swear by the curative powers of unpasteurized milk.
News & Articles
- Research in fruit flies provides new insight into Barrett's esophagus
Research focused on the regulation of the adult stem cells that line the gastrointestinal tract of Drosophila suggests new models for the study of Barrett's esophagus. Barrett's esophagus is a condition in which the cells of the lower esophagus transform into stomach-like cells. In most cases this transformation has been thought to occur directly from chronic acid indigestion. A new study ...
June 28, 2013 - Science Daily
- Food and beverages to be allowed on Mandeville lakefront on July 4
Picnic baskets and ice chests have long been prohibited on the well-manicured, grassy tract that runs along Lakeshore Drive in Mandeville as away of maintaining its tranquility and beauty. But for one day next week - July 4 - the...
June 28, 2013 - New Orleans Times-Picayune
- South Fork residents being allowed to return to homes
The Rio Grande County Sheriff has notified citizens of South Fork — especially those living in, but not limited to, the Log Haven, Dakota Park, Ponderosa, Deer Park, Hudson Tract and Sentinel Mountain Estates subdivisions — that they are being allowed to voluntarily return to their homes in an active fire zone and are responsible for their own safety.
June 28, 2013 - The Pagosa Springs Sun
- Charlie Crist in FOXNews
It is a large and an important tract of land. This represents the largest single purchase of land in Florida's history by Florida,Crist said. "Even though it's scaled down, it's still the biggest ever."
- Enamul Haque in AFP
We haven't yet learnt the full extent of the damage. We know the storm has damaged at least 12,000 homes. It has also flattened crops on a huge tract of land in the Rangpur division,Haq said.
- Philip Barlow in New York Times
Philip Barlow, the Arrington professor of Mormon history and culture at Utah State University, said, "One way to read the Book of Mormon is that it's a vast tract on social justice."