- n a dark cloud of great vertical extent charged with electricity; associated with thunderstorms
- Mark Rothko is the great thundercloud of 20th century American painting, a man who struggled to find a way for mere pigment to summon immense reservoirs of feeling, and who took .
- This is more the forbidding thundercloud area of Mary-Louise Parker (who originated the role on Broadway and who some thought was unfairly overlooked for the movie).
- She is indeed a thundercloud, always has been, particularly for Edith.
News & Articles
- THE POET’S PEN: Metamorphosis
The Chestnut tree in my back yard and the Thundercloud Plum in my side yard have had their leaves devoured again this spring. It makes me sad to see these trees so defoliated. I missed the opportunity to rid them of their parasite pests, and only hope they will once again re-leaf themselves.
June 24, 2013 - Old Colony Memorial & Plymouth Bulletin
- Chris Duncan in Forbes
Duncan said he lost Young's fly ball in a "big thundercloud or something. I just couldn't see it."
- Jay Feaster in Calgary Herald
I'm not sure what that cartoon is (Li'l Abner), but it's the guy that walks around with the thundercloud over his head and it's raining only on him. That's how we felt throughout this season as an organization,Lightning general manager Jay...
- Arron Oberholser in Fort Worth Star Telegram
It got tough to read the green (after) that last big thundercloud came over and it got dark again,said Oberholser, whose lone birdie came on a four-inch tap-in at No.