- s performed comprehensively and completely
- s without qualification; used informally as (often pejorative) intensifiers
a thoroughgoing villain
- A thoroughgoing reprobate, he became Dictator of Venezuela 27 years ago when Benito Mussolini and Adolf Hitler had scarcely a political thought in their heads.
- Boiled down, the union's demands were simple and thoroughgoing.
- Craftsman-like writing, direction and acting (notably by Christopher Plummer as a thoroughgoing heel, and by Susan Flannery, playing that television rarity, a genuinely mature .
- Ben Stein in Forbes
I'm struck by what an incredibly capable, hard-working guy he is,Stein told The Associated Press in a telephone interview Thursday. "He's a very smart liberal, he's a thoroughgoing patriot, and I would feel better with him in the Senate."
- Paul Volcker in Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
In fact, the entire UN "requires stronger executive leadership, thoroughgoing administrative reform and more reliable controls and auditing," as the Volcker panel noted.
- Mao Zedong in Bay Area Indymedia
We are as Comrade Mao Zedong said "Thoroughgoing materialists are fearless; we hope that all our fellow fighters will courageously shoulder their responsibilities and overcome all difficulties, fearing no setbacks or gibes, nor hesitating to...