- v look at with fixed eyes
- v fixate one's eyes
The ancestor in the painting is staring down menacingly
- v feature as the star
- v be the star in a performance
- v mark with an asterisk
- s (used of eyes) open and fixed as if in fear or wonder
- s without qualification; used informally as (often pejorative) intensifiers
stark staring mad
- Like Ambrosio, millions of Paulistas are condemned to spend large parts of their lives staring at the bumper of the vehicle in front.
- I can't stop staring at Dara Torres' veins.
- Thomas Breuer - WCSMPI-EVA Leah was staring at George.
News & Articles
- GPA continues to deliver relief to Sandy-ravaged Irish American community of Breezy Point
Staring at a waterlogged Breezy Point pitch that looked more like a swimming pool on the morning of the Breezy Gaelic Sports Team Building Day last Saturday was worrying to say the least.
June 13, 2013 - Irish Central
- Astros ninth inning rally sink M's
SEATTLE (AP) -- Even with a stellar seven inning start from Jordan Lyles, the Houston Astros were staring at the possibility of a winless road trip and seven-game losing streak as they headed to the plate in the ninth inning.
June 13, 2013 - The Associated Press via Yahoo! Sports
- Astros rally in the ninth inning to sink Mariners, negate strong Bonderman start
SEATTLE — Even with a stellar seven inning start from Jordan Lyles, the Houston Astros were staring at the possibility of a winless road trip and seven-game losing streak as they headed to the plate in the ninth inning. An unearned run allowed in the eighth inning put the Seattle Mariners ahead 1-0 and seemingly ended the Astros hopes of a victory. They entered the game winless in 38 chances ...
June 13, 2013 - The Wenatchee World