- n shaking and vibration at the surface of the earth resulting from underground movement along a fault plane of from volcanic activity
- The death toll from the temblor, which shook Niigata, Nagano and Toyama prefectures, was nine as of Tuesday, with one person reportedly still missing.
- There was no large tsunami generated by that temblordubbed the Nias quake after the island off the Sumatra coast that was worst affectedbut over a thousand islanders died.
- Yet more than four days after a massive temblor leveled the Pakistani town of Muzaffarabad, workers pounded a hole in a collapsed house and, to their amazement, out crawled five .
News & Articles
- Island hit by four earthquakes
Four minor earthquakes struck Hawai`i Island on Sunday, but you probably didnt feel them. A magnitude 3.2 earthquake hit at 3:50 a.m. near Kawaihae at a depth of about 16 miles, while a 12:11 p.m., a temblor measuring 3.0 struck near the center of Mauna Kea at about the same depth.
June 18, 2013 - KPUA AM 670 Hilo
- Magnitude-2.8 quake shakes Carson City
A magnitude-2.8 earthquake shook the Carson City area early Sunday morning - the latest in a string of temblors there this month.
June 17, 2013 - KTVN Reno
- New Bay Bridge span much safer than older bridge
Engineers say the new span of the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge would be able to handle a large earthquake much better than its aging counterpart which was damaged by the Loma Prieta temblor in 1989.
June 7, 2013 - Channel 8 San Diego
- John Buck in Gant Daily
I was like, 'What's going on?'Buck told reporters afterward. "He was like, 'It's an earthquake. You don't feel it?' I was like, 'Man, I didn't even feel it.' Several other players on the field never felt the temblor, but most in the...