- n United States physicist (born in Hungary) who worked on the first atom bomb and the first hydrogen bomb (1908-2003)
- n an official appointed to count the votes (especially in legislative assembly)
- n an employee of a bank who receives and pays out money
- n someone who tells a story
- But the teller accepts every penny I find, and lately I've been looking under seat cushions.
- Is a fib really a fib if the teller is unaware that he is uttering an untruth? That question appears to be the basis of the White House defense, having now admitted a falsehood in .
- A self-styled truth-teller (his full name anagrams to Acted Candor), Caden manages to exasperate or repel the fascinating women (including Catherine Keener, Jennifer Jason Leigh .
News & Articles
- Small blazes in Teller County renew concerns about 2012 arson fires
When Teller County officials reported a fire along County Road 1 on Sunday, last year's string of suspected arsons came to the minds of many people living in the mountains west of Colorado Springs. After all, the small grass fire near Teller County Road 12 was the fourth blaze reported in five days. Read more on Colorado Springs Gazette
June 18, 2013 - Colorado Springs Gazette
- Idaho woman sentenced, credit union embezzlement
A former teller at an Idaho Falls credit union has been sentenced to two months in prison, followed by two months of home detention for embezzlement. The U.S. Attorney's Office says 40-year-old Virginia ...
June 17, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Bank teller who wore nun’s disguise, robbed workplace, sentenced to 7 years
A bank teller who disguised herself as a nun, then stuck up her own workplace in a heist inspired by the Ben Affleck movie “The Town” was on Thursday sentenced to seven and a half years behind bars. So-called “nun on the run” robber Navahcia Edwards, 26, had faced a significantly longer prison term for the May 2011 armed robbery, but Judge Matthew Kennelly showed mercy after Edwards broke down ...
June 13, 2013 - Chicago Sun-Times
- Maurice Druon in Forbes
He was a born teller of stories, both true and invented,Druon wrote. "That was what he lived and breathed for. A day without writing seemed like a sin to him."
- Norm Coleman in New York Times
Scam artists have treated Medicare like an automated teller machine, drawing money out of the government's account with little fear of getting caught,said Senator Norm Coleman of Minnesota, the senior Republican on the subcommittee. "When...
- Alistair Darling in Telegraph.co.uk
Mr Darling told the BBC's Andrew Marr Show: "Obviously there are contractual problems with some staff. And if you look at your average teller, they're not terribly well paid, and no one would quarrel with making sure they are properly rewarded."