- n a garment size for a tall person
- a great in vertical dimension; high in stature
- s lofty in style
he engages in so much tall talk, one never really realizes what he is saying
- s impressively difficult
a tall order
- s too improbable to admit of belief
a tall story
- When he first arrived in Houston, Yao was delighted to find Rochester's Big Tall clothing stores, only to have his hopes dashed when he found that he was still too big and tall .
- On the day the world Trade Center fell, the Empire State Building once again became the tallest building in New York City.
- It helps too that she is a tall, thin, attractive blond who favors miniskirts and furs.
News & Articles
- Tall Ships Inspire Visitors In Clayton
They cast a tall shadow over the Clayton waterfront. You have four more days to check out the four tall ships docked in the village.
June 12, 2013 - WWNY - WNYF Watertown
- Editorial: Did Tall Ship Amistad Sail Off With $1.4M In State Money?
With Ship In Maine And Owners In Tax Trouble, Taxpayers Deserve To Know What They Got For Their Money State Rep. Diana Urban spoke for all Connecticut taxpayers this week when she demanded a full accounting of the millions of state dollars that have been invested in the tall ship Amistad.
June 12, 2013 - Hartford Courant
- Northern NM fire sends up tall plumes of smoke
JEMEZ, N.M.—The Thompson Ridge fire is sending up tall plumes of smoke in northern New Mexico as the fire burns previously unburned fuel.
June 12, 2013 - Denver Post
- Padraig Harrington in Reuters
Obviously to get a win, you've got to beat him by three tomorrow and that's a tall order. But everybody in the situation who is behind is going to think: 'Well, you know, we have nothing to lose'. You've got to have that attitude,added...
- Nicole Kidman in San Jose Mercury News
I'm so lucky I'm so tall, so I carried small and also, I have to say, I had a birth that I was blessed with, a labor that was very good and a baby that was very good to me in that regard,said Kidman, who is married to country music crooner...
- Barack Obama in Forbes
The life of a tall, gangly, self-made Springfield lawyer tells us that a different future is possible,Obama said. "He tells us that there is power in words. He tells us that there is power in conviction. That beneath all the differences of...