tabu : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a prejudice (especially in Polynesia and other South Pacific islands) that prohibits the use or mention of something because of its sacred nature
- n an inhibition or ban resulting from social custom or emotional aversion
- s forbidden to profane use especially in South Pacific islands
- s excluded from use or mention
- Only under Dictator Stalin were Christmas trees in Russia made socially tabu.
- Entitled "Myths and Magic," it was a hodgepodge of everything from ancient Egyptian good-luck pieces and African fetishes to Solomon Island tabu sticks, Javanese puppets and Navajo .
- When the figures were tabu lated for the first six months of this year, they revealed the six-day News leading the Tribune (exclusive of the Tribune's Sun day edition) in .
News & Articles
- Happy Hour at Tabu Grill
If you haven’t figured out a way to justify a mid-week binge at Tabu Grill’s new wine and Champagne bar, here is a perfect excuse. Tabu Grill invites you to indulge with happy hour offered daily from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Enjoy half-priced wine and a...
July 2, 2013 - Coast Magazine
- Mira Nair in International Herald Tribune
Tabu listens acutely. The whole world, life itself is reflected in her eyes,Nair said in an interview published Thursday in DNA newspaper. "That's why I cast her as Ashima, who has to be the dewdrop bride at 21 and have the gravitas of a...
- Ravi Chopra in Real Bollywood (blog)
Ravi Chopra tells us, "Tabu has signed my film and will be seen playing a lawyer and fights the court case opposite Govinda. It'sa dashing and challenging role."