- n (Judaism) the place of worship for a Jewish congregation
- Alysa Stanton poses in front of an ark in the synagogue at Hebrew Union College, Thursday, May 21, 2009, in Cincinnati.
- This is Yeshuran Ngaihte, 50, the chazan, or elder, of the year-old Sephardic synagogue in Aizawl, capital of India's Mizoram state on the border with Burma.
- On the synagogue's walls the excavators found murals illustrating Old Testament stories, with certain Talmudic touches added.
- Rakhat Aliyev in Jewish Theatre
Mr Aliyev said yesterday: "I'd like to invite Cohen here. He can discover a lot of things. Women drive cars, wine is made of grapes, and Jews are free to go to synagogue. It's useless to offend an artist and threaten to sue him. It will only further...
- Eric Williams in Washington Post
The role of the church -- of congregation, synagogue, temple and mosque -- and of its religious leaders is to stand apart from government, to prophetically speak truth to power,Williams wrote, "and to encourage a national dialogue that...
- Tony Blair in guardian.co.uk
On the anniversary Tony Blair warned that the Holocaust did not begin with the gas chambers but "with a brick through the window of a Jewish business, desecration of a synagogue, the shout of racist abuse in the street".