sustainer : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n someone who upholds or maintains
they are sustainers of the idea of democracy
- With the boosters gone, the sustainer engine has less dead weight to carry into space.
- They waited 98 weeks for some sponsor to buy their NBC sustainer If I Had the Chance, which was written by Mort, ballyhooed by Lester.
- For the 21st time this year a sponsor gave the nod to a sustainer: from now on Let's Pretend, a CBS sustainer for 13 years, will pretend for Cream of Wheat.
News & Articles
- Junior League of Memphis ponies up support for education
Die-hard polo fans and equine neophytes alike recently escaped Memphis’ sweltering heat for greener pastures, namely the Memphis Polo Club. The Junior League of Memphis (JLM) Sustainers hosted their annual JLM polo event Sept. 15 at the club in Rossville. Proceeds from the event benefitted G.R.O.W. — the JLM’s three-year-old educational initiative. The program addresses the finding of research ...
Oct. 2, 2013 - Memphis Commercial Appeal
- Mike Hargrove in MLB.com
He will hit an occasional home run,Hargrove said of the 32-year-old, "but he's not a guy who's going to go out there and hit 35-37 home runs. He's a guy who's going to get a big two-out hit. He's kind of an innings-sustainer, a guy who...
- Abdel Aziz Duaik in CTV.ca
We are ready to eat the leaves off the trees, before we make a trade for our rights and our land,said Abdel Aziz Duaik, Hamas' nominee for parliament speaker. "We will depend on Allah .......... He is our sustainer, not the United States...
- Pope Benedict XVI in Brisbane Times
The official note, approved by Pope Benedict XVI, said those baptised in the name "of the Creator, and of the Redeemer, and of the Sanctifier" or "of the Creator, and of the Liberator, and of the Sustainer" and who wished to convert to...