- n freedom from doubt; belief in yourself and your abilities
- n the quality of being steady and unfailing
sureness of hand
- Then I started watching Thierry play soccer, and you could see the same sureness in his eyes.
- Above all, The Sheltering Sky is drenched with a fine sense of place, and it sketches Arab towns and the Sahara itself with sharp sureness.
- She does it with sureness, for she knows her villagers and she knows even more importantly, that when a man has failed another man, he has failed himself even worse.