- n freedom from doubt; belief in yourself and your abilities
his assurance in his superiority did not make him popular
- n a binding commitment to do or give or refrain from something
an assurance of help when needed
- n a statement intended to inspire confidence
the President's assurances were not respected
- n a British term for some kinds of insurance
- In part this was secret diplomacy, including a secret assurance.
- Thoughtful but tenacious, she moves toward her goals with inward assurance.
- In the end, maybe the best defense you can give your kids is not a blind fear of strangers but rather instilling self-assurance and presence of mind.
News & Articles
- Compliance Assurance Corporation CEO to Speak at AICP Gulf States 2013 Education Day
Pittsburgh, PA -- Compliance Assurance Corporation (CAC), a leading provider of regulatory compliance solutions for the insurance industry, today announced that CEO Jerry Shafran will present at the AICP ...
June 19, 2013 - GlobeNewswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Teachers Assurance Announces Launch of Defaqto 5 Star Rated Home Insurance
Teachers Assurance, the financial services provider for teachers and their families, has today announced the launch of their Defaqto 5 Star Rated Home Insurance policy. The Defaqto rating means the company now provides one of the most comprehensive policies on the market with newly added features in order to benefit their customers.
June 18, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Zenoss Cloud Service Assurance Certified on VCE Vblock Systems
Zenoss Inc, the leading provider of unified IT monitoring and management solutions for physical, virtual, and cloud-based IT infrastructures, today announced that Zenoss Cloud Service Assurance has been ...
June 18, 2013 - Marketwired via Yahoo! Finance
- Barack Obama in Oil & Gas Journal
This $20 billion will provide substantial assurance that the claims people and businesses have will be honored,said Obama. "It's also important to emphasize this is not a cap. The people of the gulf have my commitment that BP will meet its...
- Ben Bernanke in 940 News
These steps will provide financial institutions with greater assurance of access to funds,Bernanke told reporters in a brief conference call Sunday evening.
- Paul Wolfowitz in International Herald Tribune
In his own statement Thursday, Wolfowitz said he was pleased that the board "accepted my assurance that I acted ethically and in good faith in what I believed were the best interests of the institution, including protecting the rights of a valued...