- n forced submission to control by others
- n the act of subjugating by cruelty
- n the act of conquering
- But the real point of the spinning was to teach appreciation for manual labor, restore self-respect lost to colonial subjugation and cultivate inner strength.
- He's the lightning rod for Tibet, and a symbol of its subjugation under Beijing's rule.
- The real purpose was the subjugation of the South.
News & Articles
- Dechert letter: Native American is the proper term
Indians? You want sculptures of “Indians,” Ms. Hidalgo? The non-offensive and accepted term is “Native American.” Otherwise, you merely imply the perpetuation of the white man’s genocide and subjugation of this group of indigenous people. Or had you meant precisely that theme for the courthouse sculpture?
Aug. 17, 2013 - Laramie Boomerang
- Our Readers' Views: Wrong on nuclear power
To the Editor: I must take issue with the two major points of your Aug. 11 editorial “Lest We Forget.” First, you lament the horrible casualties of the two atomic bombs dropped on Japan in 1945. Yes, a minimum of 250,000 civilian and military casualties is tragic. However, consider the casualties potentially incurred during the invasion and subjugation of Japan. This was the only alternate ...
Aug. 16, 2013 - The Sierra Vista Herald
- Evo Morales in Forbes
We are truly in an age of making history,Morales said during Friday's ceremony in the Bolivian city of Cochabamba. "We must make history - a history that will leave behind a black history of subjugation and injustice."
- Bob Brown in Reuters
We are marking 50 years of domination of Tibet, and there needs to be absolute assurance that the people who can put Tibet ruthlessly under subjugation are not able to determine what happens to our resources in Australia,Brown told Reuters....
- Bashar Assad in ABC Online
Their 'New Middle East', based on subjugation and humiliation, and denial of rights and identity, has turned into an illusion,Mr Assad said in reference to the US's goal of helping to shape what it calls a new, democratic Middle East. "It...