- n the feeling of distress and disbelief that you have when something bad happens accidentally
- n marginal consciousness
someone stole his wallet while he was in a drunken stupor
- As he lay sleeping in a drunken stupor, she poured gasoline around his bed, lit a match, packed the children into the car, and drove off as the house went up in flames.
- And I swear on my children's lives, I was going to bed at night and having palpitations and having to get up and drink some wine to put myself into a sufficient stupor.
- The climax of the ritual celebration was not a drunken stupor but ecstatic union with the gods.
News & Articles
- Phil second at Open (again) as Rose wins
ARDMORE, Pa. — One frenetic hour changed Justin Rose’s life forever yesterday and it left Phil Mickelson in a philosophical stupor. Rose captured his first career major championship, winning the U.S. Open by surviving treacherous little Merion Golf Club, which many people thought would be vulnerable because of its...
June 17, 2013 - New York Post
- Drunks Getting Drunker in San Francisco
Anyone who passed out in a drunken stupor on a city street and awoke to discover this story about San Francisco's burgeoning alcoholism rate in a nearby Examiner can label himself a newsmaker. ...
June 14, 2013 - SF Weekly Blogs
- Pliny the Elder in Washington Post
The lunar influence theory dates at least to the first century AD, when the Roman scholar Pliny the Elder wrote that his observations suggested "the moon produces drowsiness and stupor in those who sleep outside beneath her beams."
- Isidore Mvouba in AFP
I sat there in a stupor for several seconds and I said, 'I'm shocked number one that you would propose this possibility and I'm shocked even more by the fact my heart is pounding out of my chest and I'm sitting here thinking about blocking... Bill Curry http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Curry&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGe0ScUIqZ6RzhXwO76_-eVRPwL6Q Austin American-Statesman http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.statesman.com/sports/content/sports/stories/other/06/13/0613sptmakers.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFOXodFW7AW4hbyYA27xjHiX4Yo4A Jun 12, 2007
95680 126978 stupor On June 21, the sky darkened over Congo, plunging the country into a general stupor," said Congolese Transport Minister Isidore Mvouba.