- n a short piece remaining on a trunk or stem where a branch is lost
- n a small piece
a stub of a pencil
- n a torn part of a ticket returned to the holder as a receipt
- n the part of a check that is retained as a record
- n the small unused part of something (especially the end of a cigarette that is left after smoking)
- v pull up (weeds) by their roots
- v extinguish by crushing
stub out your cigarette now
- v clear of weeds by uprooting them
stub a field
- v strike (one's toe) accidentally against an object
She stubbed her toe in the dark and now it's broken
- Making Phony Novelty Forged Doctored Mock pay check paycheck paystubs payroll payslip maker making faking creating create fake faking paystub paystubs pay stubs stub phony Making .
- Smoking is on the rise in movies, sparking a campaign to stub it out.
- He was a stocky, sawed-off stub of a man; a seasoned war fighter with a valiant past he seldom tired of highlighting; an unconscionable braggart of modest means who resented the .
News & Articles
- Ten Years In: Time to get serious about your 401(k)
NEW YORK ( MainStreet )—You might not think about it until money is tight and you take a good look at your paycheck stub. The taxes! And insurance! The deductions that whittle away at your take-home pay . And what's this? Oh yeah, "Retirement." What a miserable mess that has been.
June 14, 2013 - Philly.com
- U.S. Open at Merion: Tickets sellers are out there
With the U.S. Open less than a week away, tickets are available but there is a high price to pay. Prices on Stub Hub range from $40 for general admission practice round tickets and up to $1,200 for a four-day USGA member pass with grandstand access.
June 12, 2013 - Main Line Times