striped bass :
- n caught along the Atlantic coast of the United States
- n marine food and game fish with dark longitudinal stripes; migrates upriver to spawn; sometimes placed in the genus Morone
News & Articles
- Freda on saltwater fishing: Boaters reaping bass benefits
At least it looks as if tropical storm Andrea moved some big striped bass into our area.
June 14, 2013 - The Record
- Wipers offer a big challenges for Nebraska anglers
If you want to fish for something that hits a lure like a freight train and runs like a torpedo, then wiper may be what you are looking for. This hybrid bass is not a naturally occurring species. It is produced by crossing a male white bass with a female striped bass. It is one of my favorite summertime fish to go after.
June 13, 2013 - The Beatrice Daily Sun
- SALT SPRAY REPORT: Striped bass dont mind heavy winds
If you remember last weekend you will recall some vicious winds here at the south Jersey shore. That pretty much shut down most of the fishing. But, there is one popular fish that seems to love bad weather...the striped bass. It may not be pleasant fishing when the wind is blowing about 30 mph, but surfcasters wait for times like that and they were on the beach slinging their lines into the suds ...
June 9, 2013 - The Mercury