- n the lean flesh of any of various valuable market fish caught among rocks
- n marine food fish found among rocks along the northern coasts of Europe and America
- n marine food and game fish with dark longitudinal stripes; migrates upriver to spawn; sometimes placed in the genus Morone
- There the fish tanks aren't just decorative; they hold the live rockfish, black cod and jumbo crab waiting to be fried whole, baked in spicy salt or steamed with a simple but .
- To underline his point that man's nature is animal, O'Flaherty has written of hawks, cows, rockfish, conger eels and water hens; their biological tragedies are as bitter as the .
- In the blue depths off Honduras' Caribbean coast, he hunted unsuccessfully for sunken pirate ships, learned to spear groupers, rockfish and tarpon.
News & Articles
- Detour near Afton Mountain because of police investigation
AFTON — Rockfish Valley Road to the top of Afton Mountain has been closed because of a police investigation.
June 10, 2013 - The Staunton News Leader
- Reel Deal: Lingcod, rockfish there for the taking
Ocean conditions continue to be pretty rough, but those who brave the winds and swells are getting easy limits of lingcods and rockfish out of Crescent City. For ocean salmon, Eureka has been fairly steady. A small craft advisory for winds is in effect from Crescent City to Cape Blanco State Park until Monday night. Crescent City ocean Captain Craig Strickhouser, of Crescent City’s lone ocean ...
June 8, 2013 - The Daily Triplicate
- Fatal police-involved shooting closes U.S. 250
Albemarle police responding to a call about a domestic disturbance on Rockfish Gap Turnpike around 2:30am Saturday, June 8, were involved in a fatal shooting, according to a Virginia State Police release. Police closed U.S. 250 between Route 151 and the top of Afton Mountain, and it remained closed until around noon. Virginia State Police, which are investigating the shooting, say the call came ...
June 8, 2013 - The Hook
- Jane Lubchenco in The Register-Guard
Some rockfish have moved into the area, but the bottom-dwellers that provide the habitat and food for rockfish and a diverse array of other species are slow to return,Lubchenco said.
- Ben Cardin in Baltimore Sun
Sen. Benjamin L. Cardin, who joined Boxer and Mikulski on a recent trip to Greenland to see the impact of warming ocean temperatures, called climate change "a threat to public safety, a threat to key bay species such as blue crabs and rockfish and a...
- Bill Bradbury in Beach Connection
The ultimate goal of their project is to educate the public on the components of their issue and the steps that can be taken to help reduce unnecessary deaths of rockfish,said Bradbury. "Please drop by the Oregon Coast Aquarium and learn...