- n a forward on a soccer team
- n someone receiving intensive training for a naval technical rating
- n an employee on strike against an employer
- n someone who hits
a fine striker of the ball
- n the part of a mechanical device that strikes something
- When these measures risked taking lives, the infamous Cat Mouse Act was passed so that a dangerously weakened hunger striker would be released and then rearrested when strong .
- The Vasco da Gama striker has padded his tally with goals scored in youth matches, amateur games and friendlies (although there's no reason to believe reports that his 999 goals .
- My son being in a striker brigade in the army has really opened my eyes to international events, and how war impacts everyday Americans like us when we have a child who chooses to .
News & Articles
- Matt Striker No Longer Working for WWE, Already Scheduled for iPPV Tonight
- Matthew Kaye, known as Matt Striker to the WWE Universe, was informed that his contract with WWE will not be renewed. He tweeted on Thursday: "Was just informed by @WWE that my contract will not be renewed. I am now available 4 appearances, signings seminars & wrestling. Deep breath.
June 21, 2013 - Lords of Pain
- Striker Hulk adds his strength to Brazilian team
SALVADOR, Brazil (AP) -- A former Brazil coach had a simple answer when asked about what striker Hulk adds to the squad: "Strength." "He gives us more power," Mano Menezes added, with a grin, about the Brazilian nicknamed after the comic book superhero.
June 21, 2013 - The Daily Jeffersonian
- WWE Breaking News: Matt Striker Leaving WWE, Contract Not Being Renewed
Former WWE wrestler, announcer and host Matt Striker confirmed today via Twitter that his contract will not be renewed. As of recent, we have mostly seen him doing backstage interviews during WWE Raw , as well as hosting WWE After Burn to the international audience in 2012. After appearing on ROH , 3PW and Pro Wrestling Zero1 in Japan, among many other independent promotions, Matt Striker ...
June 21, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Roy Hodgson in The Press Association
Fernando is a wonderful striker and I understand the fans' concerns about his future,said the former Fulham boss. "Unfortunately with the World Cup still on I won't be able to meet him face to face for another few weeks - that's just...
- Robin van Persie in Arsenal Mania
van Persie said: "I am not scoring and that eats away at me - at every striker, I think. I've had a few small chances. I just want to score. But one thing I learned in England is that you can miss chances or have a bad first touch, but as a striker...
- Vicente del Bosque in Sydney Morning Herald
He remains a reference for us,Del Bosque said . "To be on a (scoreless) streak or not, he offers hard work and personality and he'll be our striker. Saying that doesn't mean he's an untouchable starter, but we have full confidence in him."