- s impressive in appearance
- s of size and dignity suggestive of a statue
- s refined or imposing in manner or appearance; befitting a royal court
- Jhumpa Lahiri's stories reveal their intentions with a stately slowness that is starting to seem distinctly 20th century.
- Chen Kaiges stately, volcanic epic was one of the first Mainland films to acknowledge that damage wrought by Maoism.
- Once stately and even staid, a very citadel of culture in California, San Francisco has been scarred repeatedly in recent years by outbreaks of violence and turmoil (see .
News & Articles
- Brown County Planning Commission OKs permits
NEW ULM - The Brown County Planning Commission approved an application combining, renewing and amending a conditional use permit (CUP) Tuesday to allow up to 1600 head of beef steers in a Stately Township finishing operation.
June 12, 2013 - The New Ulm Journal
- Live musical and comedy show debuts June 22 at Colonial Quarter
Imagine a serene, star-filled St. Augustine sky 'neath a stately and majestic oak tree centuries ago. In the moments between cannon fire and cavalrymen voices, stop to listen and take in your surroundings --- hear the music rising from the tranquil shores of the Matanzas. Feel the romance in the air, as magic and wonder permeate your surroundings. Embrace the life that was and the people that ...
June 11, 2013 - The St. Augustine Record
- Last stand for Teaneck's historic red oak
The stately red oak on Cedar Lane, once registered as the fourth largest in the state and which attracted a legion of devoted admirers over the years, was cut down on Monday. It was between 250 and 300 years old.
June 10, 2013 - The Record
- Patsy Kensit in Mirror.co.uk
Patsy added: "That's what's going on at the hospital - while we're in this beautiful stately home getting married."
- James Lasdun in Trading Markets (press release)
In his review of the book for The Guardian newspaper, James Lasdun writes "Cusk stakes everything on her ability to make a kind of stately, classical art out of the frictions and details of ordinary life, and it is a testimony to her resourcefulness...
- Benjamin Netanyahu in Earthtimes (press release)
Livni is trying to act in a stately manner, but she's coming across as pathetic,a confidant of Likud leader Benjamin Netanyahu told the Israeli y-net news site.