- s not circulating or flowing
- s not growing or changing; without force or vitality
- Feature-rich smartphones like the BlackBerry and iPhone are one of the few bright spots in an otherwise stagnant cell-phone market.
- But I've always found people who drift interesting, 'cause it shows me the game's not stagnant in their own head.
- Both for locals and for visitors from abroad, nothing seems to symbolize India's transformation from a stagnant third-world country into an emerging economic super-power as much as .
News & Articles
- Jamaica eyes expatriates as source of investment
In a bid to kick start Jamaica's chronically stagnant economy, the Caribbean country is wooing its citizens living abroad to invest in the island of their birth. On Tuesday, hundreds of entrepreneurs and ...
June 18, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Swimmers warned of amoeba in Fla. waters
Swimmers are urged to steer clear of stagnant water, which could be home to millions of microscopic killers, Florida health officials said. ABC News reports that an amoeba invisible to the naked eye called Naegleria fowleri lurks in warm, standing water, according to the Florida Department of Health. Officials said the amoeba is usually harmless, but it can cause a fatal brain infection if ...
June 18, 2013 - WFTV 9 Orlando
- High school graduation rate stagnant
High school graduation rate stagnant Times Union Copyright 2013 Times Union. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Updated 10:36 am, Tuesday, June 18, 2013 The graduation rate for New York's high school students remained steady at 74 percent under the first year of more rigorous state requirements. But state education officials found ...
June 17, 2013 - Albany Times Union
- John McCain in Los Angeles Times
We will need to recover all the knowledge and skills that have been lost over three stagnant decades in a highly technical field,McCain told a forum at Missouri State University.
- Jerry Stackhouse in Leading The Charge
It's been kind of stagnant all season,Stackhouse said. "I think you just try to find the right piece. Maybe this is the right piece that really helps our team, that gets our scorers easy opportunities. Getting Pau or Shaq wouldn't have...
- Henry Paulson in Reuters
Despite strong economic fundamentals, the housing decline is still unfolding and I view it as the most significant current risk to our economy,Paulson said. "The longer housing prices remain stagnant or fall, the greater the penalty to our...