- s not growing or changing; without force or vitality
- s being on the point of death; breathing your last
a moribund patient
- The new industry policy could do very little to boost moribund industry.
- The American automobile industry is moribund and a few cylinders of oxygen are not going to revive it.
- Bravo began Burberry's reinvention from a moribund English label known for gabardine raincoats when she took the helm in 1997.
News & Articles
- Teachable Moments: Reagan to Gorbachev: 'Tear down this wall!'
When Mikhail Gorbachev ascended to general secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union in March 1985 he was faced with an economic crisis, due in no small part to the nearly 40-year-long Cold War and arms race with the United States, and a moribund political structure that perpetuated the economic problems.
June 12, 2013 - The Journal News
- Vince Lombardi: No. 1 all time on ESPN list
I'm sure plenty of you noted that ESPN.com planned to announce the greatest coach in NFL history on the same day that marks the 100th anniversary of Green Bay Packers legend Vince Lombardi. No, that was not a coincidence. Lombardi finished atop the ballot compiled by a cross-platform of 22 ESPN journalists. His quick turnaround of a moribund franchise, his five NFL championships -- including the ...
June 11, 2013 - ESPN Blogs
- Pistons choose Cheeks to turn franchise around
Bill Shea - Mo Cheeks' hiring is the latest move in Piston owner Tom Gores' bid to turn around a moribund Pistons franchise that quickly has fallen from being one of the league's elite teams.
June 11, 2013 - Crain's Detroit Business
- Malcolm Bruce in This is Nottingham
Committee chairman Malcolm Bruce said: "Developed countries must accept responsibility if Doha fails. They should now either reinvigorate the process with unilateral moves or draw the process to a close if it is irretrievably moribund. The...
- Joachim Meisner in ABC News
Let us not forget that there is an indisputable connection between culture and religion. Where culture is uncoupled from ...... the worship of God, religion becomes moribund in rituals and culture degenerates,Meisner said Friday.