- v crouch down
- v draw back, as with fear or pain
- v cross one's eyes as if in strabismus
- s having eyes half closed in order to see better
- During services at the First Christian Church in Johnson City last week, Lyndon Johnson squirmed and squinched around the pew during the sermon, nervously clipped his nails while .
- Some of the women, their faces blurred by laughter or squinched up into pug masks of greed, seem to predict by ten years the jittery misogyny of German expressionism.
- The canals evoke Venice; the squinched-together houses say Portofino, and the town hall is admittedly Mallorcan Municipal.