- n a state of nervous depression
he was in a funk
- n United States biochemist (born in Poland) who showed that several diseases were caused by dietary deficiencies and who coined the term `vitamin' for the chemicals involved (1884-1967)
- n an earthy type of jazz combining it with blues and soul; has a heavy bass line that accentuates the first beat in the bar
- v draw back, as with fear or pain
- Though the break-up was looming, you'd never know it from the driving funk of "Come Together" or "Something"'s gentle warmth much less the majestic harmonies on "Because.
- Danger Mouse's space-age funk production has something to do with it, but mostly it's Cee-Lo's sometimes on-key, sometimes screeched vocal, so warm and deeply felt that he makes .
- That principle serves them well in a country where technical mastery is commonplace, and is embodied in their first single, the hard funk Soundcheck a massive hit in the .
News & Articles
- Clinical Aromatherapist Kate Funk Offers Readers Handy Reference Tool
‘Using Essential Oils for Wellness’ puts alternative therapy options at readers’ fingertips. (PRWeb June 21, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/KateFunk/EssentialOils/prweb10839194.htm
June 21, 2013 - PRWeb
- Danks tries to snap out of funk in Minnesota
Southpaw John Danks tries to snap out of a season-beginning funk on Thursday afternoon when the Chicago White Sox visit Target Field for the last of three games with the Minnesota Twins.
June 20, 2013 - WKYC Cleveland
- OES honors Funk for after-school program leadership
Esther Funk, of Ottawa, got double honors Tuesday night. The first was an award from the Ottawa Elementary School District Board of Education. The second was some reminiscences from one of her former students: Superintendent Cleve Threadgill.
June 19, 2013 - The Ottawa Times
- Vijay Singh in USA Today
Fred Funk won a golf tournament when he was 48, and I'm a lot bigger and a lot stronger than Freddie Funk,Singh said. "If he can win at 48, what makes me think I'm not going to win when I'm 50? If I'm healthy and playing the way I'm doing...
- Miley Cyrus in San Francisco Chronicle
Cyrus adds of the break-up: "At first I bawled for a month straight. I was so sad. I just went into this weird funk. And I dyed my hair black. When we were dating, Nick wanted me to get highlights, and so I did that, and I got myself looking great....