- n flesh of quail; suitable for roasting or broiling if young; otherwise must be braised
- n small gallinaceous game birds
- v draw back, as with fear or pain
- Anyone who balks at the appalling markups that posh restaurateurs impose on game birds should visit the quail hawkers of Ho Chi Minh City.
- Observant biologists have long known that among such game birds as quail, partridge, pheasant and grouse, all the eggs in a nest tend to hatch at about the same timeeven though.
- Riding easily behind far-ranging dogs in a mellow Alabama quail meadow, the mixed gallery of millionaires in fancy dress and farmers in ripped dungarees seemed remarkably lenient.
News & Articles
- Wednesday's local scoreboard
GOLFYouthRESULTS WEDNESDAYJunior Amateur ChampionshipAt Quail Ridge GC, Winfield14UTaylor Larsen 78 77 --- 155Parker Beal 81 81 --- 162Colton Massey 77 86 --- 163Grant Herrenbruck 83 82 --- 165Nick Beardslee 84 81 --- 165Parker Allen 84 83 --- 167Wells Padgett 80 87 --- 167Jackson Rohr 87 89 --- 176Cole Elmore 92 85 --- 177Grant Smith 92 88 --- 180Cooper Spears 84 99 --- 183Cole Gritton 92 92 ...
June 13, 2013 - The Topeka Capital-Journal
- Marc-Michaels Interior Design, Inc. to Design Multiple New Model Homes in Southwest Florida
Marc-Michaels Interior Design, Inc. is designing multiple new model homes in Southwest Florida. These model homes will be located in the Quail West community of Naples, FL or the Paseo and Lakoya communities in Ft. Myers, FL and can be expected complete in November/December 2013. (PRWeb June 13, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/interior/design/prweb10827051.htm
June 13, 2013 - PRWeb
- Julia Gillard, Australian prime minister, blasts menu at opposition fundraiser as 'offensive'
Australia's Prime Minister Julia Gillard has described a menu at a fundraising dinner — which offered diners "Julia Gillard Kentucky Fried Quail - Small Breasts, Huge Thighs & A Big Red Box" — as "grossly sexist and offensive."
June 13, 2013 - GlobalPost
- Rory McIlroy in BBC Sport
I had never seen Quail Hollow before this year and I had a couple of practice rounds around there and did okay,the world number 10 told reporters at the course on Wednesday. "Sometimes it's not a bad thing not knowing a course that well...
- Tiger Wood in Washington Times
As we all know, AK can play, he really can,Woods said, who admitted playing a protege makes him feel old. "He's won not just two golf tournaments, but he's won on great golf courses [Quail Hollow and Congressional]. As time has gone on,...
- Anne Armstrong in KRIS-TV
We have a wonderful quail crop, and he is a fabulous shot,said Armstrong, a former US ambassador to Great Britain and adviser to Republican presidents.