- v to compress with violence, out of natural shape or condition
- a that has been violently compressed
the squashed looking nakedness of the fledgling birds
- Then Jonathan Ive, Apple's head of design, the man who shaped the iMac and the iPod, squashed the case to less than half an inch thick, and widened it to what looks like a bar of .
- The newcomer got squashed, but not as badly as most of Ted's GOP challengers.
- No abasement is too extreme: he barks on all fours, swallows nails, gets his head stuck in a fish bowl and squashed in cake.
News & Articles
- Bernanke Slams Gold: Why The Smart Money Is Bullish
Gold bugs were squashed like flies on a windshield after Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke's cameo Wednesday before a throng of media that could rival a Kim-and-Kanye sighting. Precious
June 20, 2013 - Nasdaq
- Bay Ridge seeks ferry during R train outage
Bay Ridge residents lost a trifecta this week as city, state and federal officials squashed local dreams of restoring ferry service between the neighborhood and lower Manhattan during the coming yearlong R train outage.
June 20, 2013 - New York Daily News
- Anthony Pettis out six weeks with injured knee
Any hope Anthony Pettis had of fighting Benson Henderson at UFC 164 was squashed on Wednesday. Pettis met with a UFC-approved doctor in Las Vegas who informed him that his torn meniscus injury will require him to sit out for six weeks, UFC president Dana White confirmed the news to MMAFighting.com after ESPN.com first reported it. Pettis originally believed he would return to full-strength in ...
June 20, 2013 - SB Nation
- Jake Delhomme in San Francisco Chronicle
I don't anticipate this having any lingering effect on this team,Delhomme said. "We were talked to and things were squashed. That's it. That's the way it is. It happened. There will be no retaliation by anybody on anything. When you look...
- Chris Kelsay in International Herald Tribune
It was just unfortunate our playoffs hopes were squashed yesterday in the conditions we played in,Kelsay said. "We knew it was going to be cold. It's just unfortunate that the field was in as bad shape as it was. The conditions were...
- Chipper Jones in SI.com
I think we're both a little embarrassed that it got outside this clubhouse,Jones said. "It shouldn't have. I should have squashed it yesterday. Even if I did think it was directed at me, which yesterday obviously I did, I still shouldn't...