- n a worker who splits fish and removes the backbone
- n a taxonomist who classifies organisms into many groups on the basis of relatively minor characteristics
- n a laborer who splits logs to build split-rail fences
- The projector may thus be any standard make but is also fitted with a beam splitter which sets the two pictures almost over each other on the screen.
- Punning on Kassem's name, which in Arabic means "splitter," he shouted that "Iraq's splitter" had fought Arab brotherhood more viciously than the hated Nuri asSaid himself.
- Bancroft was, admittedly, a Democrat, but many self-respecting Republicans were also concerned about the implications of having an untried, self-educated "rail splitter" as a .
News & Articles
- The 5 indelible moments of the NBA season
Heat forward LeBron James blocks Spurs forward Tiago Splitter during Game 2 of the NBA Finals. / Derick E. Hingle, USA TODAY Sports
June 22, 2013 - Port Clinton News Herald
- NBA Finals 2013: Will Tiago Splitter start Game 5?
Tiago Splitter was supposed to have a coming out party in the playoffs, but poor play of late could result in the San Antonio Spurs benching their center, according to Mike Monroe of the San Antonio Express News . The 6'11 Brazilian was highly effective against the Memphis Grizzlies, scoring efficiently against one of the toughest frontcourts in the league. Then LeBron James happened ...
June 16, 2013 - SB Nation
- App of the Week: Trip Splitter
App Name: Trip Splitter Available Platforms: iOS (iPhone and iPad) Price: $1.99 What does this app do?: When Clif Grim and his wife, Terry, made a trip with a few friends to Alaska in 2004, he used an app he found for his Palm Pilot...
June 16, 2013 - ABC News
- Jayson Werth in USA Today
I think it was a splitter, change, it was up,Werth said of the pitch. "It was just a hanger, I was able to stay through it a little bit. One good thing about [Citizens Bank Park] is you get 'em up in the air, they'll go."
- Joe Torre in Sports Network
Schilling was great,said Yankees manager Joe Torre. "He just left a splitter up to Jeter, who has been a big game player for a long, long time."
- Randy Johnson in International Herald Tribune
Other than the senior moment I had with my splitter by hitting the first batter and throwing another one in the dirt, I felt pretty good, considering the last two years at this time I wasn't pitching in games,Johnson said.