- n a small thin sharp bit or wood or glass or metal
he got a splinter in his finger
- v withdraw from an organization or communion
- v divide into slivers or splinters
- v break up into splinters or slivers
The wood splintered
- Monoliths splinter and the splinter groups splinter again.
- Believing that passage to be a warning to Adventists, Houteff established a splinter congregation in 1935 on the outskirts of Waco, in the deeply .
- What does a stubbed toe or a splinter in a finger have to do with your risk of developing Alzheimer's disease, suffering a heart attack or succumbing to colon cancer? More than you .
News & Articles
- PREVIEW: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist Preview
We played co-op multiplayer Splinter Cell Blacklist at E3 on Xbox 360, which is also coming to Wii U. The multiplayer level on display at E3 asked players to infiltrate a building without being spotted. We could take cover behind vehicles and other obstacles, and had a variety of gadgets at our disposal, such as radar vision and devices that can be used for reconnaissance or to distract enemies ...
June 14, 2013 - Nintendo World Report
- SPLINTER CELL: BLACKLIST - GAMEPLAY DEMO WITH DEVELOPER COMMENTARY
?11 JUN 2013 A demonstration of 'Splinter Cell: Blacklist' with Ubisoft developer commentary from the E3 2013 show floor. Don't have IGN Prime? Join Today!
June 12, 2013 - IGN Guides
- E3: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist First Impressions
Splinter Cell: Blacklistis a gorgeous looking game. Even though its primary M.O. is about the shadows and remaining undetected, it still manages to use an amazing spectrum of colors that are jaw-dropping with its stellar graphics. This is exactly the step up that the franchise needed after Conviction, and as a long time fan I'm very glad to see it coming.
June 12, 2013 - Coming Soon
- Steve Nash in USA Today
We've got a choice to make,Nash said. "Are we going to come together and make the most of the situation and give ourselves a chance, or are we going to cry about it and fragment and splinter and not give ourselves a chance?"
- Tony Gwynn in Forbes
The moment brought a rush of memories as Gwynn recalled a face-to-face meeting at the 1992 All-Star Game in San Diego with "The Splendid Splinter."
- Chris Pronger in Boston Globe
The so-called splinter faction in the union that is going a different direction has been drummed up by a lot of media members and people hoping a deal gets done,said St. Louis Blues defenseman Chris Pronger. "I can unequivocally say...