- n a small thin sharp bit or wood or glass or metal
it broke into slivers
- n a thin fragment or slice (especially of wood) that has been shaved from something
- v divide into slivers or splinters
- v break up into splinters or slivers
- v form into slivers
- A tiny sliver of transitional rain forest is surrounded by hectares of soybean fields in the Mato Grosso state, Brazil.
- I had to travel hours through converted Cerrado to see a 96-acre (39 hectare) sliver of intact Cerrado, where a former shopkeeper named Lauro Barbosa had spent his life savings for .
- While it may be true that only a sliver of the activities there are political, Dobson stepped down as president of the organization in May 2003 so that he could become involved in .
News & Articles
- Aaron Hernandez makes appearance
FOXBORO — Call it a sliver of progress, but one half of the dynamic Patriots tight end duo was present at the first day of mandatory minicamp yesterday. Aaron Hernandez, recovering from an offseason shoulder scope labeled minor by some reports, went through rehabilitation work in the Dana-Farber Field House and emerged later to observe his teammates run through 7-on-7 and 11-on-11 drills.
June 12, 2013 - Boston Herald
- ‘Winner Take All’ Economy Mirrors Music Industry
The U.S. economy is looking increasingly like the music industry: a small sliver of people are capturing the largest gains.
June 12, 2013 - Wall Street Journal Blogs
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 3 Finale Provides Red Wedding Respite, Sliver Of Revenge
The Game of Thrones Season 3 finale “Mhysa” was a bit dialed-down compared to last week’s “The Rains of Castamere,” but there was still plenty in the episode to count it among the best this season. SPOILERS: Don’t read onward if you haven’t had a chance to watch “Mhysa” yet. Though “Mhysa” felt a little anticlimactic [...] ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 3 Finale Provides Red Wedding Respite, Sliver Of ...
June 10, 2013 - The Inquisitr
- Barack Obama in FOXNews
The public option, whether we have it or we don't have it, is not the entirety of health care reform. This is just one sliver of it, one aspect of it,Obama said, saying both sides of the debate have become "fixated" on the proposal.
- Patrick Leahy in USA Today
Leahy said "special interests on the far right have distorted Mr. Ogden's record by focusing only on a narrow sliver of his diverse practice as a litigator that spans more than three decades."
- Joe Manchin in BBC News
Governor Joe Manchin described this possibility as the only "sliver of hope" of finding the missing four alive.