- n a liquid substance capable of dissolving other substances
the solvent does not change its state in forming a solution
- n a statement that solves a problem or explains how to solve the problem
- a capable of meeting financial obligations
- Only through money laundering has the dubious Company managed to remain solvent.
- As soon as Harris added the alum to the solvent, the clear liquid become muddy.
- The firm was solvent till a profligate CEO took over the reins.
News & Articles
- Instant Floor Coating meets needs of health care facilities.
As single-coat system, UVolve® Instant Floor Guard can be directly applied to vinyl composite tiles in health care facilities to seal and protect over extended period of time. Solvent-free coating cures instantly via UV light, so floors are ready for traffic immediately after application. While eliminating need to frequently strip, polish, and buff, non-flammable product also reduces need to ...
June 12, 2013 - ThomasNet
- Paint solvent recycling process is good business for Gage Products
Ferndale-based Gage Products has made a living off of a closed-loop recycling process for paint solvents, an environmentally friendly technology that helps the major automakers reduce waste and save cash in the body-painting process.
June 11, 2013 - Detroit Free Press
- Common solvent linked to liver cancer risk
By Kathryn Doyle NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - Scandinavian workers exposed to a common industrial cleaning fluid showed higher risk for developing cancers of the liver, kidneys and cervix in a large new study. Trichloroethylene, or TCE, is a chemical solvent that has already been shown to cause cancer in animals when inhaled or absorbed through the skin in large amounts. ...
June 6, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Gary Bettman in USA Today
Our goal is to bring in new capital and make this franchise solvent,Bettman said Thursday night while attending the Coyotes game against the Edmonton Oilers. "That's our direction, and at this point moving the franchise elsewhere is not on...
- Alistair Darling in 940 News
The authority "has reiterated yet again tonight that it is satisfied that Northern Rock is solvent, can carry on doing business and, crucially, paying out money if people want to withdraw their funds," Darling said on Channel 4 TV Saturday night.
- Gordon Brown in Times Online
Mr Brown added: "I want the message to go out from this meeting today that no sound, solvent bank should be allowed to fail through lack of liquidity." "That is why we have taken action in Britain yesterday to extend the liquidity that is...