- n the comfort you feel when consoled in times of disappointment
- n comfort in disappointment or misery
- n the act of consoling; giving relief in affliction
- v give moral or emotional strength to
- Solace for an Adversary .
- For the rest of us, solid proof of the Higgs boson would provide a cosmic solace: that beauty and unity exist at the very foundation of the universe, however rare they sometimes .
- Martin portrays Harry as a reluctant adulterer, consumed with Presbyterian guilt, who sought from other women the kind of feminine solace Clare could not or would not give.
News & Articles
- Tampa jewelry store sells limited-edition Games of Thrones watch
TAMPA — Fans of Games of Thrones still distraught over the massacre of the show's heroes may take solace in this: Swiss watch maker Ulysse Nardin has created a limited-edition watch inspired by the HBO series and books. But they better have the coin do it. The Night's Watch costs $10,500.
June 12, 2013 - Tampa Bay Times
- Afghan children arrive in Charlotte for donated medical care
Nearly 20 children arrived in Charlotte from Afghanistan Wednesday morning. They will spend the next six weeks here, living with local families. During that time, the children will get critical medical care donated by local doctors and hospitals. Sandy Tabor-Gray brings several children to our area each year through the group Solace for the Children Lake Norman. She said, "We try to choose our ...
June 12, 2013 - WSOC-TV Charlotte
- Rexall sign retired to museum
Friday was a sad day for many in the community as the Rexall sign that has been a fixture on S. Main St. came down. Some took solace the sign was headed to the Mendocino County Museum for safe keeping.
June 12, 2013 - The Willits News
- Kevin Rudd in Radio New Zealand
Mr Rudd said "no words can provide solace for grief so personal. But simply know this. You who suffer are not alone. This great Australian family here assembled and across the nation today is with you."
- Daniel Craig in International Herald Tribune
I love the idea of it. It applied to where Bond was at the end of the last movie,Craig said. "The one thing he didn't have with the relationship was that quantum of solace."