- n a state of being relaxed and feeling no pain
he is a man who enjoys his comfort
she longed for the comfortableness of her armchair
- n a feeling of freedom from worry or disappointment
- n the act of consoling; giving relief in affliction
- n a freedom from financial difficulty that promotes a comfortable state
he had all the material comforts of this world
- n satisfaction or physical well-being provided by a person or thing
his friendship was a comfort
a padded chair was one of the room's few comforts
- n bedding made of two layers of cloth filled with stuffing and stitched together
- n assistance, such as that provided to an enemy or to a known criminal
it gave comfort to the enemy
- v give moral or emotional strength to
- v lessen pain or discomfort; alleviate
News & Articles
- Stephanie Comfort Joins Genesis as Advisory Partner
Comfort, a former Qwest and Century Link executive, will focus on advising clients on Strategy, Strategic Business Analysis and Planning, and Investor Relations. (PRWeb June 11, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10803759.htm
June 11, 2013 - PRWeb
- Four Comfort Deer earn all-state track academic honors
Four Comfort High School track and field athletes have recently been named to the class 2A all-state academic team as part of late season announcements from the Texas Girls’ Coaches Association in Aus
June 11, 2013 - Kerrville Daily Times
- Southern Comfort Marketing Campaign Extends "Whatever's Comfortable" Attitude
LOUISVILLE, Ky., June 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Southern Comfort launches the next chapter of the "Whatever's Comfortable" campaign with a new television spot entitled "Shampoo" hitting ...
June 10, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- President Bush in CTV.ca
Marking the 60th anniversary of Israel's founding, Bush told members of Israel's legislative body at the Knesset that he condemned "the false comfort of appeasement ...... that we should negotiate with the terrorists and radicals, as if some...
- Dana Perino in Jerusalem Post
Having just visited with so many members of the community in Omaha today, the president is confident that they will pull together to comfort one another,White House press secretary Dana Perino said.
- Alex Rodriguez in New York Times
We know there are other opportunities for us,Rodriguez said yesterday. "But Cynthia and I have a foundation with the club that has brought us comfort, stability and happiness."