- n wood that is easy to saw (from conifers such as pine or fir)
- Bush paused long enough for a second question, about whether he was optimistic a long-running dispute with Canada over a protective tariff on softwood lumber would be resolved .
- In the middle 19th Century softwood clipper ships raced with light cargoes from Australia and China to Europe, riding high, running dry, sailed by full crews of crack sailors .
- He might argue that issues like softwood lumber will never go away until all three countries recognize the common challenges they face from an increasingly competitive world.
News & Articles
- Klabin Directors Approve Plans for 1.5 Million tpy Pulp Mill in Brazil
June 13, 2013 - São Paulo-based paper producer Klabin S.A. on June 11 announced that its Board of Directors approved the Executive Officers' proposal for the construction of a new pulp mill in the city of Ortigueira, in the State of Paraná, Brazil, with the capacity to produce 1.5 million tonnes of pulp per year — 1.1 million tonnes of hardwood pulp and 400,000 tonnes of softwood pulp (“Project ...
June 12, 2013 - PaperAge.com
- Max Baucus in Reuters India
It is high time we enforce our softwood lumber agreements, so that Montana and all American lumber industries get a fair shake in a fair market,Baucus said this week.
- David Emerson in Reuters
While Canada believes that it has fully complied with the agreement, we respect the tribunal's ruling ...... Today's decision provides clarity with respect to the implementation of the SLA (Softwood Lumber Agreement) in the future,said...
- Peter Julian in CTV.ca
...trade critic, Peter Julian, weighed in, saying it was "very doubtful" the NDP would support export charges that are the result of the Canada-US softwood trade deal -- "the softwood sellout," as he called it.