sluggard : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an idle slothful person
- Said Solomon (rhetorically) to the Sluggard: "Go to the ant!" No sluggard, but a scientific inquirer whose researches have not damped his mystical inquisitiveness, Maurice .
- Proverbs: 6: 9-11 How long will you How long wilt thou He, O sluggard? sleep, O sluggard? When will you rise When wilt thou arise from your sleep? out of thy sleep?.
- Not that Mondale was a sluggard.
News & Articles
- Selected Proverbs: March 30—Do not be a slacker
I teach a class called Christian worldview. During the class, I teach a brief section titled, “You might be a slacker if. ...” The slacker or sluggard is an important character within the book of Proverbs. The Hebrew term translated “slacker” or “sluggard occurs 14 times.
March 23, 2014 - Florida Baptist Witness
- Johnny Cash in Brooklyn Rail
Cash said as much in an angry, amphetamine-fueled letter to Billboard: "I am fighting no particular cause. If I did, it would soon make me a sluggard. For as times change, I change."