- n a highball with liquor and water with sugar and lemon or lime juice
- n a plaything consisting of a Y-shaped stick with elastic between the arms; used to propel small stones
- n a shoe that has a strap that wraps around the heel
- n a simple weapon consisting of a looped strap in which a projectile is whirled and then released
- n bandage to support an injured forearm; consisting of a wide triangular piece of cloth hanging from around the neck
- v hurl as if with a sling
- v hang loosely or freely; let swing
- v move with a sling
sling the cargo onto the ship
- v hold or carry in a sling
he cannot button his shirt with his slinged arm
- When John returned to Florida with his arm in a white sling, his colleagues joked that he had undergone a painful arm twisting.
- When Sarah got home from the emergency room later that day, her arm was in a sling, and she couldn't dress herself, fix a meal or even sign a check.
- A few months later, "I was in a sling, trying to type with my broken collarbone, on the phone with one of my editors, and we were laughing about it.
News & Articles
- CSAV Expands Intra-Asia Galex Sling 1 Service
Compañía Sud Americana de Vapores will introduce regular calls at Port Klang, Malaysia; Khalifa in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates; and Qingdao, China, to its Galex Sling 1 service.
June 11, 2013 - Journal of Commerce Online
- One Woman's Struggle to Drive Sales via Pinterest
Syazrina Ismail's business, JumpSac baby slings, sounds like the perfect type of product for Pinterest. So why is JumpSac's page so far limited to just one entry? Technical issues. Ismail says that because of Java Script, Pinterest isn't displaying the proper images from her website. "It keeps displaying another non-related pic," she says. Ismail is working on a new website using the Magento ...
June 11, 2013 - Mashable
- Prankster Wants to Jam NSA Lines
Cyber-warriors looking to sling a little mud in PRISM's all-seeing eye are calling on outraged Americans to join them in disrupting the National Security Agency's phone/email dragnet on Wednesday.
June 10, 2013 - CQ Politics
- Andy Roddick in TSN
He's a very dangerous player,Roddick said of Gonzalez. "Some days he comes out, looks like he's playing ping-pong the way he can sling the ball around."
- James Kopp in Fort Worth Star Telegram
If it happened the way I wanted it to, he would have his arm in a sling,said Kopp, 52, who is also suspected in the nonfatal shootings of three Canadian doctors and one in Rochester.
- Jim Schoenfeld in ESPN
Well, I tell ya, I know the heart of the guy, and I know the thing that triggered him,Jim Schoenfeld, who replaced Tortorella as coach, said Sunday before Game 6. "It wasn't any sling they threw at him, and there were many. It's what [the...