- n a plaything consisting of a Y-shaped stick with elastic between the arms; used to propel small stones
- n a device that launches aircraft from a warship
- n an engine that provided medieval artillery used during sieges; a heavy war engine for hurling large stones and other missiles
- v shoot forth or launch, as if from a catapult
the enemy catapulted rocks towards the fort
- v hurl as if with a sling
- A fuel tank fell from the wing of an A-4 Skyhawk and ruptured, spilling gas onto a sizzling steam catapult.
- Four years ago Obama spent months writing the convention speech that would catapult him onto the national stage.
- When you resigned from the AOGCC Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission, that was a huge catapult for you.
News & Articles
- Industry, education collaboration shines
COLUMBUS — Crouching on her knees, Denise Oestmann waited only a moment before she released a switch and watched as the catapult she built launched a Superball in a high arc across the room.
June 12, 2013 - Columbus Telegram
- Camp Invention encourages Risks
group of students, learning mantras such as 'duct tape fixes everything,' placed more tape on their catapult.
June 12, 2013 - The Marion Star
- Choupette Covers German Vogue With Linda Evangelista (PHOTO)
Oh, and Linda Evangelista is somewhere in the photo too -- things start to get awkward when a feline upstages you. The cover, shot by Karl himself, is surely going to catapult Choupette 's career (everyone knows a Vogue cover is the ultimate for any model).
June 9, 2013 - The Huffington Post
- Evel Knievel in Malaysia Star
That video that Kanye West put out is the most worthless piece I've ever seen in my life, and he uses my image to catapult himself on the public,Knievel said.
- Bob Geren in USA Today
It's been a combination of getting behind early and the offense not really taking off,A's manager Bob Geren said. "Hopefully what we did late will catapult us into some offense here."
- Terry Francona in MLB.com
Everyone was involved and there's a lot of enthusiasm,said Francona. "Again, the way the game started, to hear the music downstairs and see those guys' faces after the game, that was important. Now, we need to make that ...... catapult us....