- v work hastily or carelessly; deal with inadequately and superficially
- v limit in quality or quantity
- v subsist on a meager allowance
- v supply sparingly and with restricted quantities
- RACHAEL RAY: You should never skimp on a knife.
- PBS is winking pop that doesn't skimp on the hook (borrowed from Del Shannon's Runaway) or the emotion.
- That's no small task, as GM has been forced to skimp on cash for engineering during its yearlong financial crisis.
News & Articles
- Bonds and buildings: Crestwood BOE listens to presenters
Jim Pattenaude, technology faculty member at Crestwood, gave an impassioned persuasive speech to the board not to skimp on technology in the prospective new high school. He outline five main categorie
June 14, 2013 - Paris Beacon-News
- MOVIE REVIEW: Cult espionage
By Roberto Perez-Franco STAFF WRITER The East is a movie for our times. It grounds its narrative in the complexity of the two ubiquitous evils of our capitalist societies. The first is negative externalities — power companies make more money if they skimp on environmental measures, thus polluting the water you have to drink. The other is moral hazards — a pharmaceutical company downplays the ...
June 14, 2013 - The Tech
- Maria Menounos Shares Birthday Luau Photos
Maria Menounos celebrated her 35th birthday party with a luau at her home in Los Angeles this week. The Extra host, who turned 35 this week, celebrated her birthday with fellow celebrities like Khloe Kardashian, Karina Smirnoff, Fran Drescher, Topher Grace and Derek and Julianne Hough. The TV host wore a skimp orange bikini for [...] Maria Menounos Shares Birthday Luau Photos is a post from: The ...
June 12, 2013 - The Inquisitr
- Edward Markey in Forbes
We know that terrorists are looking for the weakest link in our security efforts, and this GAO report is a timely reminder that LNG and oil tankers are serious targets,Rep Edward Markey, D-Mass., said in a statement. "We cannot skimp when...
- Joe Birkett in CBS2 Chicago
You can't skimp on public safety or the pursuit of justice,Birkett said. "That's something that falls on deaf ears far too often."
- Tim Burton in Baltimore Sun
The thing that kind of blew me away was just how bloody it was,Burton says. "The blood is a part of the story. I have seen other productions over the years where they tried to skimp on the blood, and those productions really seemed to lose...