- v subsist on a meager allowance
scratch and scrimp
- They scrimp, but a couple of minor illnesses wipe out their savings.
- Maybe if the markets rebound and my husband and I scrimp, Nicola will head off to a secondary school with people from the Dorchester birthday-party set.
- If, like many Americans, you're planning to scrimp your way through the holidays, the Storm isn't worth busting your budget for.
- Ron Paul in Reuters
They can't scrimp to get efficiency,Paulus said. "We paid in advance for the actual work but we earned the savings on the back side." "The doctors made more money -- they were happy. The health plans saved money -- they were happy....
- Herb Kelleher in RedOrbit
No airline in its right mind is going to scrimp on maintenance, no matter what the economy is like,Southwest Airlines Executive Chairman Herb Kelleher said after testifying this week at a House hearing on the Federal Aviation Administration...
- June Sarpong in The Asian News
TV Presenter June Sarpong, who is supporting Age Concern's Your Rights campaign, said: "I t is disgraceful that millions of older people across the UK are having to scrimp and save just to get by. Claiming benefits could make a massive difference...